Medicare Advance Care Planning (ACP) Uptake Study
PATIENT & CAREGIVER RESOURCES
These sites provide a range of resources to educate the public on ACP and how to make your preferences known. Some are state- and national-based options for educational resources as well as forms patients and families may wish to complete to document patient preferences.*
- Honoring Choices Massachusetts offers everyone health care planning information along with MA planning forms to document wishes. Everyone can access free tools to assist in making your preferences known. MA residents can create their own plan via their Who’s Your Agent? step-by-step process to make a personalized health care plan.
- Massachusetts Advance Directive: Planning for Important Health Care Decisions | CaringInfo, a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Massachusetts Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST) Form | MOLST
- Beginning in 2010, The Conversation Project was established to provide individuals the necessary resources to assist in communicating about their wishes for the end of life. The site is free to use, and provides a variety of conversation guides to help guide these difficult conversations.
- Developed in collaboration with the The Conversation Project, the What Matters to Me Workbook is designed to help people with a serious illness to get ready to talk to their health care team about what is most important to them.
- Established in 2008, PREPARE for your care was created for a randomized trial testing an easy-to-read advance directive. Since then, the free service has been made available in 15 languages and is available nationwide and internationally. The site offers patient-centered tools designed to educate viewers on steps to create their own Advance Directives. The site offers state-specific Advance Directives, and also educational videos to teach you about ACP.
- Patient Guide to the Portable Medical Orders (POLST) Form | National POLST